Hemp as well as cannabidiol (CBD) gummies promote sleep, relaxing and calming feeling, and pain relief. Justcbdstore has a wide range of products to offer such as delta 8 cartridges and delta 8 gummies in different variants which can help in the relaxation of the body and mind.
In this article we have discussed all hemp and CBD gummies, the differences between them, what dosage is safe, and things to consider before buying them.
What are they?
Hemp refers to variants of the cannabis plant Sativa that contain as little as 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol(THC). THC is an active psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis. Hemp is low in THC but can be high in CBD.
Hemp and CBD gummies contain CBD. They offer an easier and convenient way of consuming CBD by chewing a candy than swallowing a pill or capsule.
What is the difference between hemp and CBD gummies?
The active ingredient in both hemp and CBD gummies is CBD. CBD derived from hemp contains less THC than cannabis.
If you are someone who is considering buying hemp or CBD gummies do consider the following points:
- CBD content and Certificate of Analysis (COA): There is no given standard of dosage level for CBD. A COA however can help verify that the gummies contain a limited amount of CBD that the company advertises. This certificate also confirms that the gummies do not have any pesticides or contaminants.
- Broad or full-spectrum CBD:
- Isolated CBD products will only contain CBD.
- Broad-spectrum CBD has other hemp seed compounds except for THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD consists of mainly broad-spectrum ingredients and some THC.
- Organic: Do opt for organic gummies as they are free from harmful pesticides.
- Sweeteners and other ingredients: Some gummies contain organic sugar derivatives and fresh fruit flavors, while others have artificial ingredients.
- CBD gummies usually help with anxiety and pain relief. Whereas the FDA hasn’t approved of that, studies suggest that hemp CBD gummies have a positive effect on various health conditions.
- Hemp and CBD gummies must contain THC in small amounts. Online retailers are offering a varied range of gummies with different strengths amounts of THC.
What dosages are safe?
The data in humans relating to the effects of pure CBD are limited. But still, researchers have suggested that it has a relatively low level of toxicity.
Did you know that monkeys are unaffected by CBD?
Unless and until they receive higher dosages, more than 30 mg/kg each day continuously for 90 days or 150 mg/kg, according to a trusted source.
In a study, researchers gave individuals CBD of 1500 mg per day for 4 weeks straight. The participants of the study did not withdrawal after the 28-day free trial. It was found in another study that doses of up to 1500 mg per day were all well tolerated by individuals. The World Health Organization (WHO) also reported that humans tolerate CBD quite well. CBD does not have the same potential for imparity and toxicity as cannabis does.